Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Neighborhood

I live in Staten Island NY pretty far from Access. I live on Fillmore Street on Lafayette ave and its pretty uncity like lol opposite of the area around the school. There's 2 delis around my neighborhood a bar/resturant called Adobe Blues(picture on the right). The bar is pretty popular its a southwest type resturant looks pretty cool from the outside theres a southwest setting around it and inside. There's also chinese take out up the block from my house and aside from that there's pretty much nothing else, literally.

Two buses run through my neighborhood both on the same line except one is local the other express. I take the S44 which sends me right to the corner of my block. Up ahead theres an elementary school and a hospital if you go up like 4 or 5 more streets. The hospital is pretty big and nice and it's close so if anything happens i can be there in no time! which is good because an ambulance is like 300 dollars! no thanks.

Most people in the neighborhood are either white black or chinese. It's fairly safe lol as safe as NYC can be (which isnt really that safe if you ask me) but nothing really happens around there. Most people are friendly and I like living there but walking around you start to feel like it's a ghost town you barely see people walking around and its definatly not like the city even cars are hard to come by.

It's a journey to get here from Access first I take the 1 train to South Ferry than you take the Staten Island Ferry (left) which is a 30 minute ride but its free so theres that. After that you take the S44 for about 10 minutes (you'll know you're close when you make a turn at the gas station) the bus stops right infront of Adobe Blues so get off and enjoy!

3 comments:

JoseHernandez said...

Whats good Sunny,
yo your crazy for coming from staten island to the city for access. but i understand you. There's no place like the city...

Adolfo said...

Staten island sounds very nice and safe place to live.its nice to live were theres isnt any danger or violence and it makes your life easier to...but its true what u said thats its very far away. i never been there but i heard its far depends were u live.

Mysfyt said...

That Does sound like a journey ... Thank you about Paramore Though! I think They're Pretty Wickedd!