Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mr President

We have a new president...finally. After eight long years there is finally a breathe of fresh air and a renewed vigor in American government. I know and everyone else should understand that President Obama will not live up to this extraordinary hype he has been recieving. Comparisons to former President John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan are a little premature seeing to President Obama has spent a total of 24 hours in the White House as the new leader of the free world. But as I do not think he can live to such high expectations of him I do hope that he will prove me wrong and accomplish things that one day will have him compared to my favorite president, former President Dwight D. Eisenhower. I hope that President Obama and Secretary of State Hilary R. Clinton along with my new favorite person in government Dr Steven Chu Secretary of Energy can bring some change to the health care system in America. On a sub note I'm really pulling for Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to take up Clinton's senate seat he can, along with the federal government, revive our sagging health care system and bring it up higher than I believe we are 32nd on the world's list of health care in the world. Along with that I want to see President Obama to start shifting our soldiers to Afghanistan from Iraq. Reform our education system i.e. removing the stupid No Child Left Behind law, lets face it everyone sometimes children are going to be left behind. And of course saving this economy. Good luck Mr. President, you'll probably need it.

No comments: